Thursday, 12 February 2015

Loreal Mascara Voluminous Review

Sales work!

Well that's probably obvious, since the majority of people would leap at the chance to buy something at a discounted price, I mean who doesn't like to save money?

Loreal Voluminous Mascara Original Review
Honestly, the only reason I bought the Loreal Voluminous Mascara was because I saw that it was on sale at Walmart for ~$5. Most of the time I like to review things online (read up on MakeupAlley, check out blog reviews and etc) to see if it's good quality and worth the money. But with this, I hadn't even heard the slightest (surprisingly) and hoped that it would be worth at least the $5 I paid for it.

So I must have used it once or twice without really thinking much of it, because I know I didn't love to the same extent as I do now until recently, and put it off to the side. Up until now I had been using two other mascaras that I really like: Maybelline Falsies and Benefit They're Real (I know, they're on the two ends of the spectrum). They're both amazing for their similar yet also different qualities: Falsies has a really great curved brush, They're Real lengthens pretty well, and they both have pretty good layering qualities.

 But for some reason, I decided to give Loreal a try one day (to switch it up or something) and I was so impressed by it! It's a low budget product with what feels like a low marketing budget (I swear I don't see many ad placements for it), but it really is a hidden gem. The brush doesn't seem like anything special, but boy can it length and layer.

I have really short non-existent asian lashes, so when I can find a product that makes it look like I have a visible full set of lashes I'm usually impressed. To further put this into perspective, I recently purchased a 'Sephora Favourites' mascara boxset - in addition to my Falsies and They'reReal, nevertheless I can't stop using Loreal's Voluminous. It's become my new go to mascara.

This mascara is great for an everyday look; however, I have worn it going out on a few occasions as well. My only complaint is that sometimes after too many layers (3+) it does get a little bit clumpy, but I guess that's kind of warranted after applying so much product.

The funny thing is that, for a product that no one really raves about, somehow 3/5 girls in my house ended up using it! Two of us merely purchased it by chance while the third one bought it since she saw that we had it and liked it. So the first two (includes me) had it really liked it, whereas the third girl said it didn't seem as great as we had hyped it up to be. But she did say, that what she really liked about this mascara was how black it was! I have black eyelashes, so for me I guess the darkness/pigmentation of the mascara isn't something I really take into consideration; however, it can be an important factor for others like my friend on the who is brunette!
Loreal Voluminous Mascara Original Review
Love it!!




Loreal Voluminous Mascara Brush
Here's the brush, you can see that it looks pretty regular and unexciting but I assure you it is great!


So my question for you is, do you do online research before you make your beauty purchases? Let me know in the comments :)!

22 comments:

  1. Hello,
    You have a nice blog :)
    i am following you on GFC now, you can also follow me back please !
    Kisses ! <3
    My blog: www.mehtapslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check it out, thanks!

      christy

      Delete
  2. Great review

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Have to try this

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the review! Yeees of course! I always do my research!

    <3

    Dora
    http://www.thebangsbang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dora! I find its harder now to buy things on a whim after we're so used to reading through reviews first haha

      Delete
  5. I have used this mascara since I started wearing make up - love it!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Kaley you were totally ahead of the game haha. When I first started wearing mascara everyone loved Maybelline's Great Lash and thought it was 'the' best one for the price/quality !

      Delete
  6. I remember back in the day beauty gurus on YouTube used to rave about this mascara. I've always used great things about it as well as the L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eye Liner.

    http://thisblondestory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I must have missed it! Do you have any Youtube guru recommendations that are pretty active and popular right now? I noticed previously that of the drug store products gurus really liked the Falsies haha.

      christy

      Delete
  7. I've tried L'oreal mascaras but not this one.
    Yes I always search online before buying something.
    If it's just a nail polish I don't care but for skin care and makeup stuff I always look online first.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like the other Loreal mascaras? That makes sense, I feel like like it's especially important for skin care since products can make absolutely no difference or also cause skin outbreaks - something that you would definitely want to avoid if possible.

      Thanks for reading!


      christy

      Delete
  8. I do do my research ;) and I'm actually looking for a new mascara, great review! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marija!

      I hope you consider any of the ones I have mentioned, they are all pretty great.

      christy

      Delete
  9. What a great review, very honest!

    Katie
    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Mihaela! - I love your name by the way, it sounds really pretty (:

      christy

      Delete
  11. I love my L'Oreal Voluminous mascara .. we weren't friends at first as I thought it was too wet and too clumpy .. but after it dried out a bit it became my "go-to" staple. And the fact that I got it for free with some L'Oreal hair color was also a good plus!

    Lovely review!

    Ree // Coffee with Ree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow maybe that's why I suddenly started to like it a lot more too! I just read someone else's post the other day where she similarly said she only liked the mascara a few months after it had dried up a little bit. Agreed, free stuff is always a plus!

      christy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...