Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Follow

Current 'Go-To' Makeup Products!

So I've seen plenty of bloggers post their February favourites (makeup) and that inspired me to do one myself! I always love to see what other products other people are using, or what they had in their makeup bag so I decided to show you which products I use the most frequently.

Favourite Makeup Urban Decay Nars Naked Palette Benefit Marc by Marc Jacobs

For some things I actually switch between two products if I'm being indecisive or I simply haven't decided which I like better.

So for mascara, as I mentioned I really like using my Loreal Voluminous and 'They're Real' by Benefit.

To curl my eye lashes I've been using this mini eyelash curler by Belvada that I actually got almost two years ago from a Topbox. Talk about a good find! I've actually tried the Shiseido curler that is pretty popular among asian bloggers but actually found that this works better. It has a flatter edge and it seems to just work better on me!






My skin has actually cleared up quite a bit and so on most days I don't wear any foundation, I usually just moisturize my skin using my favourite Cerave moisturizer. If I'm being good and actually remember to, I'll also wear the Ultra-Calming Daily moisurizer by Aveeno since it has SPF (which is really important to wear to protect your skin)! Unfortunately there are many days that I do forget to wear it which is probably why it wasn't featured here.

The only thing I'll do on some days is use the Garnier eye BB cream. I absolutely love this product. It is actually perfect, it does exactly what it's supposed to do and what you would want out of an undereye product ! You want to cover up your undereye circles right? I use the 'light medium' shade, and I feel like it instantly brightens up the area but at the same it keeps it looking natural! I know a lot of people just use a light foundation or cover up but up until now I don't think I've ever done it right - it just seemed to look like the area under my eyes was a lighter colour whereas with this product I feel like my face just instantly looks more awake!



For my eyebrows, you know so I can have some 'brow game strong', I alter between an Urban Decay brow kit (purple box on the upper right) and an eyebrow by essence. The brow kit is actually pretty great, it comes with brow wax, two brown powders - one is too light for me so I mainly use the other one- and a very mini set of mini tweezers and an angled brush. This was one of my favourite finds from Nordstrom rack - I got this for $12 whereas it normally retails for $29! I honestly don't know if I would pay for it at full price, but for the amount that I paid I love it.

For my lips, I actually use a variety of products. From lipbalms, to lip sticks and lip glosses but the one I use the most right now is a 'coral-ly' type colour by Benefit called 'ChachaBalm'. I love love this product! It is so moisturizing, I find that I rarely use my lip balm these days. It makes my lips feel great, and it gives a great tint that just gives you a more put together look. It's subtle enough that I can wear it on a daily basis and wear it to school.



For my eyeliner I can't say that these are actually my favourite products since I'm only really using them because they came in my Sephora favourite boxes. I have so many eyeliners now I feel like I have to get through them (and haven't allowed myself to buy any others including any on sale). So the lighting made it pretty difficult to see but the short shiny eyeliner above the Naked palette is actually from Marc by Marc Jacobs. Pretty interesting! I have a few of their products (Classic Q PercyAccessories ) but I've never tried a makeup product before. Since it came in the Sephora box set it is a sample/travel size but there's still more than enough. This eyeliner is pretty great, it's creamy and pencil- like (one of those twistables), which is one of my favourite method of application. The only problem is that because there is no sharpener or anything I find that it is too blunt to properly draw the 'tail'.

That's pretty much why I have the Kat Von D eyeliner above, for a while now I've been using liquid eyeliner to touch up and to help me in refining cat-eyes. As for the actual eye product itself, I actually don't really like it. Maybe it's just this miniature version, but I find that the liquid liner isn't liquid enough! It's actually quite dry, and I feel like I have to go over my previous work with it since it's not dark enough and not enough product comes out the first time.





I'm almost done.. I promise! This turned out way longer than I meant for it to be. Sorry!



So I also purchased the Nars Bronzer Blush Mini Duo during the Sephora VIB Sale earlier in November along with the Sephora favourites. It's been perfect! I've been trying to contour my face recently, you know try to mislead people into thinking my face isn't as round as it really is, and I really like this colour.

I've been trying out different brushes and trying to get the hang of making it look natural. Some of the brushes I've tried it with is a Physician's Formula brush (it came with it, I really like how flat and narrow it is), Real Techniques, and now a Sonia Kashuk brush I got on sale at Target



Lastly, on days where I actually put in the effort to apply some eyeshadow the Naked basics is my go-to palette! The colours are neutral browns and matte, making them perfect for an every day look - especially since all I do is really go to school. Of course I don't really use this for nights where I'm going out, but for the day-time this palette is small, compact and great! For eyeshadow application I simply love the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush. I don't have much of a crease since my eyes are fairly monolid but this brush works really well placing the product just where it needs to go and blending it out nicely.

38 comments:

  1. Love that Naked palette - I've been dying to check out that benefit mascara too!

    Abby
    www.champagneplans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! They have a sample size which works great and is perfect for trying out.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      christy

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love the photograph :) I'd love to try the Naked Basics palette and that Nars duo also looks great :)
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zuza! I highly recommend both (:

      christy

      Delete
  3. I’m in love with your blog! I like your photos and style of writing! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try some of these products! looks like fun!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey, I love looking at them as much as I love using them haha. Actually well, that's a bit extreme, I love it almost as much haha.

      christy

      Delete
  5. All great products!

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Rachel (:

      christy

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's great! Do you like the other Naked palettes as well? I feel like the UD palette have lost momentum in popularity, other palettes such as Too Faced and Lorac seem to be catching up!

      christy

      Delete
  7. I've been wanting to get that urban decay pallette! I'm terrible with eyeshadows though. Lovin' your picks!

    http://aboutamor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they've actually come out with a second one (Naked 2) but don't really know if there's much of a difference.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      christy

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting to try Real Techniques brushes. Happy you like them!

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're great I was debating betweeen other ones like the Sigma, and MAC brushes but everyone said that these were the best bang for your buck especially if you're still a novice.

      christy

      Delete
  9. Wonderful products! I am always down to try new makeup, and I'm in the market for a new mascara!

    xo,
    Jessica
    www.fortheloveofbubbly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right haha it's so tempting to have a lot of them even though you only use 1-2 max really. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Great products! Love benefit mascara!

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/2015/03/lady-gatsby-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really curious to try their new one (Roller lash).

      christy

      Delete
  11. love they're real and i've heard so many good things about the naked basics :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Danielle!

      Delete
  12. Yeah! I'm really curious about checking out their other products. Do you use anything else that you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Real Techniques base and crease brushes :) They're Real is also great! xx


    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah the base one is pretty good too. Thanks for stopping by! (:

      christy

      Delete
  14. Those are some of my faves!! Great post!
    Kisses,
    Anna
    www.workingchix.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the real techniques brushes, better than most high end ones out there in my opinion!!
    Great post :)

    Nathalie- love-nathalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nathalie, I agree! I almost considered getting 'travel sets' of the more expensive brushes but having a full set of these brushes seems more worth it.

      christy

      Delete
  16. I love your current makeup favourites - such a fab selection of products! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog, truly obsessed with this post the products are fantastic!

    Ellen - justlittleellen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Real Techniques eye brushes are ones I reach for all the time too :) and I will never stop re-purchasing They're Real. love it! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...